Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip Replacement Surgery is has enabled thousands of people world wide to live a healthy life after hip replacement. The orthopedic surgeons can replace a painful dysfunctional joint with a highly functional, long- lasting prosthesis. Hip Replacement in India has been a success throughout the world with extremely good results and success rate.
Our associated hospital has incredible success rate and the medical team in India provides cost effective hip implants at specialised orthopedic hospitals which is one of the finest group of hospitals in India. The patients receive expert advice by our medical team and the final surgery will be performed at specialized hospital with no delays.
CAUSES OF HIP SURGERY :
For people suffering from pain in the hip joint or dysfunction of the hip joint, the Total Hip Replacement Surgery is an efficient option which helps to relieve pain in more than 90% of patients. The surgeons advise hip replacement to the patients suffering from :
- Osteoarthritis : Osteoarthritis is one of the most common reasons for hip implant. Osteoarthritis commonly occurs in old age and is due to normal wear and tear of cartilage which results in damage of the cartilage in the joints. The old age people are generally advised Cemented Total Hip Replacement.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis : Diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout can cause swelling and inflammation in the joint lining. The patients suffering from damaged hip joint due to a chronic autoimmune disease and marked deformities, Ankylosing Spondylitis require hip replacement.
- Replacement of a broken or Infected Hip : A traumatic fall on the hip can fracture the femoral neck of the thigh bone just below the femoral head. If the fracture is not treated or does not heal properly, the bone will lose its blood supply, thus leading to osteonecrosis and subsequent arthritis of the hip.
- Revision Hip Surgery : An old surgery going ineffective at times requires another revision hip surgery.
- Avascular Necrosis: It is due to trauma of the thigh bone that disrupts the blood supply to the bone, or if the patient has associated risk factors such as using corticosteroids or drinking alcohol, bone necrosis may occur. This is a process in which the bone cells actually die and this leads to joint destruction. This is also known as osteonecrosis, ischemic necrosis, and aseptic necrosis.
TYPES OF HIP SURGERY :
The hip replacement surgeries in India are extremely successful and benefit the patients with pain relief after surgery. The types of Total Hip Joint Replacement are :
- Cemented Total Hip Replacement
- Cementless Total Hip Replacement
- Hybrid Total Hip Replacement
- Partial Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
The longevity of a hip replacement depends on the type of hip replacement material and hip replacement provides a viable option for person suffering from arthritis. The chances of hip replacement lasting 20 years is approximately 80% and thus provides a great option for relieving the patients from the chronic pain. Our medical team provides most meticulous healthcare services to the patients providing treatment by the finest orthopedic surgeons of the world.