Heart Valve Surgery In India
- Aortic valve
- Mitral valve
- Tricuspid valve
- Pulmonary valve
PROCEDURE OF HEART VALVE SURGERY :
Heart valve surgery refers to repair or replacement of the diseased valves through open heart surgery. Heart valve surgery is open-heart surgery that is done while you are under general anesthesia. In the surgery, some valves are repaired or mended to do its work properly. Replacement means removal of the diseased valves by a new valve. Heart valve surgery is a procedure used to repair or replace diseased heart valves. The procedures of heart valve surgery are :
- Heart Valve Repair Surgery : The advantages of heart valve repair are:
- lower risk of infection
- decreased need for life-long blood thinner medication
- preserved heart muscle strength
- Heart Valve Replacement Surgery: A prosthetic valve is used to replace. There are two types of prosthetic valves.
- Mechanical valves : Mechanical valves are also commonly known as St. Judes Valve. These types of valves are made from man-made materials. While heart surgeons’ use this valve, lifetime therapy with an anticoagulant is prescribed to the patient.
- Biological (tissue) valves : The surgeons take biological valves from pig, cow or human donors. The longevity of biological valves is less than the mechanical valves.
The choice of mechanical valves or biological valves depend on various factors such as age of the patient, the size of the valve, status of the heart, ability to take an anticoagulant, number of valves needed, etc.
MINIMALLY INVASIVE HEART VALVE SURGERY :
Minimally invasive heart valve surgery is the most common heart valve surgery. This type of surgery reduces blood loss, trauma, and length of hospital stay. It is done through small incisions in the chest. This surgery both replaces and repairs the heart valves. This is less painful and there is less possibility of bleeding and infection. In some case robot is used to do the surgery which is called robotic surgery.
There are various types of minimally invasive heart valve surgery which are discussed below :
- Aortic valve surgery
- Mitral valve surgery
- Tricuspid valve surgery
- Atrial septal defect closure, including patent foramen ovale
- Atrioventricular canal defect or atrioventricular septal defect surgery
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery
- Saphenous vein harvest for coronary artery bypass surgery
There has been tremendous development in the field of medical sciences in India. Therefore most of the foreign health travelers seek India for heart valver replacement surgery. Our experienced medical team will guide you to do heart valve surgery under the experienced heart surgeons of our associated hospitals. Patient will avail heart valve surgery treatment at an affordable price along with free consultation as well no waiting periods for the surgery.