Breast Cancer Treatment In India
Breast cancer is the most commonly found cancer in women and the second most common cause of cancer death in women. The breast cancer spreads due to an abnormal development of cells which later leads to the growth of tumour and a tumour in the breast in its malignant form is called breast cancer. The breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer diagnosed in the women in the modern times. The cancer in breast forms in tissues of the breast, usually in the ducts and lobules and can occur in both men and women.
CAUSES OF BREAST CANCER :
The common symptoms of breast cancer include:
- A change in how the breast or nipple feels
- A lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the underarm area
- Nipple tenderness
- A change in how the breast or nipple looks
- A change in the size or shape of the breast
- A nipple turned inward into the breast
- The skin of the breast, areola, or nipple may be scaly, red, or swollen. It may have ridges or pitting so that it looks like the skin of an orange.
- Nipple discharge (fluid)
TYPES OF BREAST CANCER :
There are mainly two types of breast cancer which are as follows :
- A change in how the breast or nipple feels Ductal carcinoma is most common form of cancer which shapes up in the tubes which move milk from the breast to the nipples.
- Lobular carcinoma is the kind of cancer which shapes up in the lobules part of breast which produces milk.
TREATMENT OF BREAST CANCER :
The treatment of breast cancer depends upon various factors such as type and stage of the cancer.
- The treatment of breast cancer includes certain steps such as first Chemotherapy medicines in order to kill cancer cells.
- Thereafter radiation therapy is used to destroy the cancerous tissues.
- The final step is surgery which involves removal of cancerous tissues- a surgery of lumpectomy removes the breast lump and the surgery of mastectomy removes all or the specific part of the breast.